SchedulingThat’s why I wanted to take a really long, hard look at scheduling in a Bullet Journal for this final post in the Bullet Journal for Moms series. Since my own children are 3 and 5 years old and I’m just entering this big-kid phase of motherhood, I asked my own readers at EvieandSarah.com to send me their craziest schedules, so I could get a glimpse of what’s to come and brainstorm how to tackle multiple children’s days in a Bullet Journal.
- Give you a holistic view of your family’s weekly schedule;
- Offer a detailed view of what each person has going on that week;
- And account for the fact that schedules change at the last minute?
- People (not just parents) who want to have a full view of each day (7 am - 10 pm is pretty darn full!).
- People who have elements of their schedule that change frequently.
- Parents who want to color-code for each child.
- People who want to color-code different tasks or projects (for instance, for educators: planning time vs. parent meetings vs. staff meetings).
At this stage of parenting, the other consideration is modeling your use of a Bullet Journal for your children. I know my five-year-old expressed an interest in having her own journal once she discovered how frequently I was working in mine, so we rushed right out and got one for her. Even though hers is mostly filled with doodles of princesses and unicorns, having her own journal gave us an opportunity to talk about the ways I use my Bullet Journal and how that might translate for school-age kids. For instance:
- Homework lists
- Long-term assignment planning
- Tracking for…
- School grades
- Taking daily vitamins or prescription medicines
- Hours slept
- Hours practicing at a sport or instrument, etc.
- Birthday or holiday wishlists
- Yearly goals
- Summertime family bucket lists
- Subjects to explore
Just think of how you might have benefitted from having a Bullet Journal at an earlier stage of life. Introducing our children to the system as a way to organize their minds and their goals can only set them up for success. The sooner, the better!