First of all, I'd like to thank Ryder Carroll for creating this useful system that has given me a much better way to manage my tasks and commitments, and for this amazing opportunity to write and share my pages.
My name is Federica Santaroni, I live in Rome, Italy, and I study Photography. My biggest passions are drawing and of course stationery. I have recently opened an Instagram
account dedicated to my bullet journal, where I share all my ideas and my pages, trying everyday to inspire people who follows me.
My Bullet Journal Story
I discovered the Bullet Journal surfing the Internet. The first time I heard about it, was in a group of Facebook dedicated to stationery lovers. I remember that I read the word "Bullet Journal" and it just sounded so interesting. I started looking on the internet and found a lot of pictures of people who are using this system and I fell totally in love. I spent whole days in front of the screen of my MacBook to look at those pages (and masterpieces!) and the more I knew about it, the more I thought it was a perfect way to find a compromise between a lifetime full of commitments and my creativity. After a few days I decided to buy a Leuchtturm 1917 and start.
How the Bullet Journal has Helped Me
I have to admit that I am an untidy person by nature, and before discovering the Bullet Journal, I wrote all my tasks on a calendar, but there wasn’t enough space to write everything - I always forgot the things I had to do because of my disorganization! But since I use this system, my life has changed totally. The thing I love the most is that you can organize the BuJo according to your needs, and at the same time you can write all the thoughts that pop into your brain (with a little bit of artistry).
Having numbered pages makes it all much more easier - marking the topic on the index means that you can find it faster. This is very useful, especially when you are in a hurry.
The “Key" page is essential for me, I use a simple circle to highlight a task, and different symbols to see if I have completed or migrated it. In that way I can understand which events I have planned on a certain day and which important things I have to do.
With Calendex I have an annual vision of my life, which allows me, with circles in different colours, to remember and highlight events, birthdays and holiday periods.
The daily pages are my absolute favorites. With those pages I can combine creativity with boring commitments, making the whole a perfect combo. Adding decorations, drawings and colour in a "To Do List" is pure love.
With the Monthly Log I stress all the long-term commitments, and I can see a well-defined vision of the month that is about to begin. In parallel you have the "Habit Tracker" where I keep an eye on my personal performances in daily activities.
I like to leave blank pages and then draw on them during my relaxing time of the day, it's one of the things I love most about this system. Being able to put a little bit of myself in each page, so that people that are leafing it, understand that this Bullet Journal is mine. Here you can see one of my decorations (I love flowers!).
My Bullet Journal Practice
Generally I dedicate myself to the Bullet Journal in the evening before going to sleep and when I wake up in the morning.
- While I'm eating breakfast I check the commitments I have for the same day.
- I take a look at the overview of the month, highlighting the most important events.
- During the day I write down all the new things and ideas that comes into my mind.
- Before going to bed I keep an eye on the progresses of my daily activities, marking the things that I have done with different colors.
- I mark all the tasks that I completed, the events in which I have participated and postpone all the things I didn't do during the day.
- I write down what I’ve eaten during the day, what I bought (calculating all the money I spent!) and then I write down all the tasks for the next day.
- Every weekend I think of a new layout for the week that is coming, using a lot of my creativity to make every layout unique.
- At the end of the month I take a look on my goals comparing them with those of the previous month and then, if needed, trying to improve them for the next month.
About the Author:
My name is Federica Santaroni, I live in Rome, Italy, and I study Photography. My biggest passions are drawing and of course stationery. I have recently opened an Instagram account dedicated to my bullet journal, where I share all my ideas and my pages, trying everyday to inspire people who follows me.